DR. SUBRATA CHATTOPADHYAY
MSc, MBA ,PhD presently Professor in a reputed University in Kolkata West Bengal . Interested in Core Faculty in reputed Universities/Colleges/Administration/Full Time Training /Recruitment opportunities anywhere in India
Key Skills: Sales, Marketing, ,Training, Teaching.
Total Years of Experience: 18 years
Current Industry: Education/Teaching/Training
Current Functional Area: Marketing / Administration
B.Sc (Physics) from R.K.M Residential College,Narendrapur, Kolkata in 1998.
M.Sc (Physics) from Calcutta University in 2001.
MBA (Mktng+Finance)from Heritage,KOLKATA,West Bengal University Of Technology in 2006.
PhD.-Management Studies Under Indian School Of Mines University,Dhanbad, 2013.
Other Qualification(s)/ Certification(s)/ Programme(s) Attended
Certified Management Teacher-MTC Global, 2014
A.C.R.E.M.A from I. Esma in 2004.
P.G.D.C.A from Sterlite Foundation, Mumbai in 2004.
Summary of Skills and Experience
A dynamic individual professional with 12 years of rich experience in Training,Recruitments,Business Development, Brand Management, Sales & Marketing.
Presently, Senior Faculty –(Marketing & General Management Area.Visiting Faculty-Marketing , Institute of Business Management,Jadavpur University,NCE Bengal, Faculty in Marketing,Soft Skills,Corporate Business Communication,Quantitative Methods.
Awards & Honours
Awarded and recognized as the Outstanding Higher Education Leader of the Year by SOE Global Education Awards in 2014 and recognized by NFED for his contribution to teaching and research for two consecutive years 2013 & 2014, conferred the prestigious MTC Global Top Thinkers award in September 2015. Awarded Mentor of the Year by HRD India in June 2019
Recent Research Papers/Publications: -Chattopadhyay.S, Branding B-school teaching pedagogy with case based teaching- mapping the right segment for sustainability & excellence,Vol.8, Issue 12, December,2018 International Journal of Research in Engineering, IT and Social Sciences, UGC approved, ISSN: 2250-0588 - Chattopadhyay, S. Bhattacharya, S. Bhattacharya, A. (2018) "Rethinking the Business Strategy in the Gaming Industry in India: The Case of Virtual Infocom." FIIB Business Review, Vol.7, no. 3,1–8. SAGE Publications (This journal is indexed in ABI Inform ,EBSCO, UGC)
-Chattopadhyay S, Ray A K 'Exploring Integrated Supply Chain and its applicability in the public sector, Journal Of Exclusive Management Science, ISSN: 2320-866X (Print), 2277-5684 (Online), Vol. 3, No 6, June 2014, pp 27-33
- Chattopadhyay S, Singh S 'Transformational, Transactional and Laissez Faire styles of Teaching by faculty as predictors of satisfaction evidence from Higher Educational Institutions of W.B' International Journal Of Management, ISSN: 0976-6502 (Print), 0976-6510 (Online), Vol. 5, No 4, April 2014, Impact Factor (GISI) : 7.2230 pp 131-136
-Chattopadhyay S, Ray A K 'Exploring Integrated Supply Chain and its applicability in the public sector, International Journal Of Exclusive Management Research, ISSN: 2249-8672 (Print), 2249-2585 (Online), Vol. 4, No 3, April 2014, pp 84-93
-Guha P, Chattopadhyay S, 'A study on the perception of Undergraduates towards MBA education with reference to Kolkata region' International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, ISSN: 2347-1778(Print) Impact Factor: 3.5
-Chattopadhyay S, Guha P 'Evaluating the Customer service standards of payback cards in Pantaloons'', Asian Journal Of Management, ISSN: 0976-495X, Vol:5No:1:January-March:2014
-Chattopadhyay S, Das P ' Understanding the key decision making factors in domestic courier services at India Post',International Journal Of Engineering and Management Sciences,Vol5(1), Print ISSN 2229 - 6425 pp 35-40
-Singh S, Chattopadhyay S, 'Understanding the role of Indian Business Schools in execution of corporate social responsibility' Asia Pacific Journal of Management & Entrepreneurship Research ISSN: 2277-8098, Vol. 2, No2, April 2013, pp 182– 197
-Singh S, Chattopadhyay S, 'What goes into making an ideal management institution of choice and delight' International Journal of Business, Management & Social Sciences, ISSN: 2249-7463, Vol 2,No.3 February 2013 pp 43-51
-Chattopadhyay S, Guha P 'Introspecting the motivational propellers in class attendance in the undergraduate and post graduate colleges of W.B', Research Journal Of Social Sciences and Management, Singapore,Impact factor :3.454 ISSN: 2251-1571, Vol 3 No.3 July,2013 pp 53-67
- Singh S, Chattopadhyay S, 'Understanding the preference basket of Industry vis-à-vis specialization opted by the management students in West Bengal' Research Journal of Economics and Business Studies, Impact factor: 2.343 Vol. 1, No 8, June 2012, pp 16 – 19
- Singh S, Chattopadhyay S, 'Exploring the significance of Physical Resources in B-School selection decision in WB'Journal of Management Research in emerging economies, Vol. 2, No 1, June 2012, pp 66 – 87
- Singh S, Chattopadhyay S, 'A study of the crucial factors impacting the Brand positioning of B-Schools in West Bengal' Journal of Business Management and Social Sciences Research (JBM&SSR), Vol. 1, No 8, June 2012, pp 44 – 47
- Singh S, Chattopadhyay S, Factors impacting an automatic choice of Management Institutions, International Journal of Business,Management Vol.2,Issue 7(III),March 2013, pp 7-13
Chapters included in book:
● Chattopadhyay S, Singh S (2012), chapter included in 'Envisioning the Future Business' published by Excel books, edited by Pattanayak et al pp 358-368
● "Contribution of placements towards admissions in Engg.Colleges in WB"-Excel,ASBM Bhubaneswsar ISBN 978-81-7446-935-9
● Chattopadhyay S, Guha P 'Brand perception of Medical representatives and recognizing factors contributing to sustainable enhancement' International Journal Of Research & Development in Technology and Management Sciences,Impact factor-2.41 : ISBN No. 978-1-62840-997-0 Vol20,Issue 6 July, 2013 pp 1-11
● Chattopadhyay S, Saha Sardar P 'Perception study of the Customers in retail with an emphasis on Pantaloons' International Journal Of Research & Development in Technology and Management Sciences, ISBN No. 978-1-63041-994-3 Vol20,Issue 8 December , 2013 pp 29-44
Publications in seminar proceedings
Bhattacharya.S, Chattopadhyay.S "Case study pedagogy and Marketing acumen: an impact assessment using analytical hierarchy process", PAN IIT IMC, Nov30-Dec.2, 2018, IIT Roorkee
Chattopadhyay.S, Perception profile and awareness study of Cloud Computing in government and semigovernment organizations, Bangladesh Academy of Business Administration,Dhaka University, January 5–7, 2017
Chattopadhyay.S, Envisaging the role of B-Schools in sustaining the creative industries, BUCA Conference, Bangkok University, July 1-2, 2016
Chattopadhyay S, Personal branding as an effective tool for self positioning by business students, International Conclave On Innovations in Engineering & Management,Oman Vision 2020: Opportunities & Challenges, Feb. 24-25, 2016
Chattopadhyay S, Mishra R "Understanding the usage and perception of students in ICT in undergraduate colleges of Kolkata" International conference on " India at the Cross Roads: The Way Ahead" scheduled on Feb. 7-8, 2014.
Mukherjee S, Chattopadhyay S, "Introspecting the role of ICT in teaching-learning pedagogy of the Management Institutions" CMIT- USA ,Durgapur, BCREC, Jan,2014
Singh S, Chattopadhyay S, "Exploring the competence of the Management Institutions in delivering excellence" NSEES, ISM Dhanbad, December, 6-7,2013
-Chattopadhyay S & Singh S, 'A Study of Crucial Factors Impacting the Brand Positioning of B – Schools in West Bengal' in International seminar held at Science City, Kolkata by Indian Society for Training and Development, Kolkata Chapter on 'Value Creation through Human Development The Emerging Dimensions' on 20-21 January 2012 pp 448-454
-Chattopadhyay S & Singh S, A Study on the influence of Physical Resources in Determining the choice of B-School' in International Seminar on Business and Information Management (ICBIM-2012) Contemporary Issues in Business and Information Management held at NIT Durgapur on 9-11 January 2012 pp 117 - 137
-Chattopadhyay S & Singh S, 'A Study on the influence of Intellectual capital in Determining the choice of B-School' in national seminar held at Faculty of Management Studies, Dr. B.C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur on 'Business Applications and Management Issues' on 10-12 January 2012 pp 207 – 220
-Chattopadhyay S & Singh S, 'Analysis of the effective coversion strategy for campus placements in the second rung AICTE B – Schools in West Bengal' in National seminar held at SRM University, Chennai on 'Emerging social perspectives and parallel issues of business management' on 17-18 February 2012 pp 7-9
-Paper on "Capital Markets-Emerging Trends" at Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur, December,2008
-Conference Paper on " Branding B-Schools in a recessionary economy", March, 2009 IBM Jadavpur University
-Conference Paper on "Influence of Placement Scenario in Tech. Admissions in W.B ", December , 2010 IIM Calcutta
- "A Feasibility Study on Involving the Institutions of Higher Learning towards Micro-Insurance in Rural India", December, 2010, University Of Kalyani,W.B
- Paper on"Involving Institututions of Higher Learning towards CSR for a shining India,March,2011,IBM-JU
- Paper on "Crisis Management" in PRISM,International Journal 2008
1) Computations in Estate Management, Published by Institution Of Estate Managers © Ballardie Thompson & Matthews
2) Transport Management,ISBN 8176601861,© Everest Publishing House, 2011
3) Values and Ethics for Engineers and Managers, ISBN 978-93-5142-682-0, ©Himalaya Publishers, 2014
Presently Co-Author for:
Consumer Behaviour in Services, with Dr.Saumya Singh ISM University,Dhanbad© EPH
Recent FDP/MDP attended:
● Convenor, International Conference on Managing Change Creativity & Innovation In Energy Management , Bhavishya,ICMHM Conference, April 7-8, 2017
● Conducted daylong Session in UGC Bangladesh MDP, on Quality Assurance in HEI, Sept., 2015
● NEN-DST Govt.Of India, Faculty Development Programme on Entrepreneurship, August 9-11, 2010 at BESU,Kolkata
● AICTE sponsored FDP on Interpersonal Communications at HSS-IIT Kharagpur, August 25-31, 2010
● Nominated Jury Member at Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore for Nirmaana 2011
● Infosys Campus Connect FDP 4-6 July,2011, Bhubaneswar
● Workshop on Research Methodology Metric Pune,Sept.10-11,2011
Memberships: Life Member of NHRDN and ISTD Kolkata Chapter.Annual Member CMA, Regional Head-East, National Foundation of Entrepreneurship Development
Member Of Editorial Review and Advisory Board: International Journal of Management,NFED –TIMER JOURNAL, Blue Ocean Research Journals, Pezzottaite Journals and various other international journals of repute.
Areas of Corporate & Academia Exposure;
Training & Recruitments: Certified by Infosys,proficient in Sales & Soft Skills Training. Managing Corporate Relations with more than 100 Reputed Brands.
Sales & Marketing: Implementing competent business strategies to market a wide range of products and achieve pre set sales and profit targets.
Analysing latest marketing trends and tracking competitors activities and providing valuable inputs for fine tuning sales & marketing strategies.
Promoting sales under competitive market environment to obtain maximum market share of company products. Proficient in managing training, administration, sales operations, organising promotional campaigns, building relationship with clients & achieving desired goals. Excellent communication, relationship management and analytical skills with the ability to work in a dynamic business environment.
September 2,2019 till date, Professor, University of Engineering and Management, Kolkata, Business Administration Department
June 27, 2017- August 31,2019 at Management Development Institute, Murshidabad Designation: Assistant Professor- Marketing area
Job Profile: Teaching Marketing Management, Market Research, Services Marketing, International Marketing
May 2007 – June,23 2017 at Future Institute Of Engineering and Management and Future Business School Designation: Associate Professor
Job Profile: Teaching Marketing Management, Market Research, Services Marketing, International Marketing, Quantitative Techniques. Heading Corporate Relations dedicated towards Industry-Institute-Interface
January 2004 – May2008, at Institute of Estate Managers,WBSCTE,Govt of West Bengal Job Profile: Institute of Estate Managers, Govt of West Bengal. Designation last held: Part Time FACULTY in Computational Techniques in Estate Mgmt.
May 2006 - April 2007 at ICICI Prudential Designation last held : Financial Services Consultant Job Profile: Responsible for client sourcing & acquisition from natural markets, generating referral leads & cross selling through relations marketing from other verticals. Achievements: Was the top performer on a consistent basis with the highest client base.
April 2005 - May 2006 at Reliance Capital Asset Management Ltd Designation last held : Management Trainee Job Profile: Responsible for IFA Channel Management, lead generation of Estate S.M.E, conversion & relations Marketing of Liquid Funds. Handling all Institutional Sales of Debt Funds as Short Term Surplus parking tool, relations marketing of Chartered Accountants in ELSS NFO. Managing inactive/dormant distributors to fund mobilization in Reliance Equity.
February 2002 - March 2004 at Dr. Maity Educational & Medical Research Pvt. Ltd. Job Profile: Responsible for all brand promotional activities, relations marketing & networking sales promotion for customized H.S/ WBJEE products/ packages for Brand RAINBOW. Achievements: Successfully oriented Rainbow Brand as reliable & trusted.